2) A regional scale park (probably not quite like Zilker but more akin to Millenium in Chicago but smaller, and extends to the north along 1st a-la Old Montreal's waterfront park) on the north side of the Rail Yards where one can take in the Sandias, the Railyards, and downtown skycrapers, while reading a book in a lawn.
3) A streetcar running in a loop on 2nd and 3rd between Cesar Chavez and I-40. Also, a line between UNM and the airport along Yale to connect with the loop.
4) An upzoned warehouse district for mid and highrise housing and commercial, which extends the downtown core to the north.
5) Upgrade the Bosque trail to include wider pathways, places for seating, and lighting...at least in the busiest portions
6) Desertpunks Comp Plan idea is spot on. We need to designate and upzone nodes for density (a REAL centers and corridors plan) and compliments the transit system.
7) The fairgrounds I'd like to see turned into an urban village that supports housing, commercial, and an MLS soccer stadium/complex that compliments a downsized fairgrounds area. All parking could be structured and underground.
8) A symphony hall downtown...or the fairgrounds if you must, but only if 9...
9) A downtown arena and 35+ story hotel tower all crammed into downtown proper...none of this sprawling-into-edo mess
10) Bus service extended to late night to compliment the mass transit loop
11) New, attractive, modern central library...hold an international design competition so you know who doesn't horde that project as well...
12) I do like the idea of utilizing the river for recreational purposes. We have an amazing natural environment that compliments the built environment but we need to incorporate it better.
Oh, and bike lanes and paths all around downtown. It's flat and there are trees...perfect for walking/biking!